Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pirates make trades.

Well, the trading deadline has come and gone, and it looks like the Pirates have made a major trade. Jason Bay is going to the red sox, and the pirates are getting 4 minor league players. One is believed to be Andy LaRoche, the younger brother of Adam LaRoche. Lets hope he starts off the year better than his brother. I am not too thrilled about this trade yet. I liked Jason Bay. I thought he was a good fit with the Pirates. Apparently, money was a factor, as usual. Bay will be a free agent next year, and the pirates don't have the money too pay him what he is worth. The Pirates also traded Xavier Nady and Damaso Marte to the Yankees earlier this week. They did not get much for them either. Guess time will tell on both trades. At least they didn't trade Jack Wilson. My wife would have a fit if they did that. More updates later if I get any.

No comments: