Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Prayers are needed

This is going to be a very hard blog to write today. My cousin, Kathy, who is 42 years old, was diagnosed with liver cancer a week and a half ago. The doctors said the cancer was inoperable and a transplant was out of the question. Not good news. Yesterdays news was worse. The doctors have given her a week to live. How can this be?? Kathy is much too young to be taken away now. She has a daughter who is 12 or 13. I am not sure exactly how old. Kathy's dad died when he was 43 from cancer. Dawna and I are going to Butler hospital on Thursday to see Kathy and to probably say good bye to her. That will be so difficult to do. How do you say good bye to a 42 year old woman? I am at a loss for words here. Just please pray for her and her family. They need your prayers at this time. Thank you all so much.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Dave, I am so saddened by your loss and will continue to pray for Kathy's family...that somehow God will draw all of them close to His side. My heart breaks for her daughter....I can't even imagine how awful it would be to lose your mother at age 12 or 13...praying that there is someone who will come alongside her and nurture her and guide her...just like her mother would do.