Monday, March 23, 2009

Pirate day in Florida















Today was our trip to Bradenton to watch the Pirates in spring training. We had a GREAT time and the Pirates actually won! They played the Tampa Rays, and the final score was 4-1. Dawna's favorite pirate player, Jack Wilson, had 2 hits, and Zach Duke pitched 5 shutout innings. We had some rain during the game, but not enough to damper our spirits. Before the game started, Bob Walk walked by us on his way to the press box, and Dawna recognized him, not me! I then asked him if he was Bob Walk, and he said he was, and he stopped and talked to us for a few minutes. Very nice guy! Later on, John Wehner, another announcer for the Bucs walked by, and I recognized him this time. He stopped and talked to us, also. Very nice of them to do this. I also saw Bruce Kison there, and I have a few pictures of him. He was a pitcher with the Pirates back in the 1970's. He is a scout for someone now. Not sure what team. He didn't talk to us, but, I knew who he was. Was an overall enjoyable afternoon.




After the game we took Chris and her family out to dinner at a very nice restaurant here in Largo, called BJ's Brewhouse. They brew there own beer. And then Danni treated us all to ice cream at Coldstone Creamery. That was quite the experience!
The other 2 pics on here are of the girls trying to dump me in Chris's pool. They actually got me dumped because Chris helped them. No fair Chris!
This has been a very nice vacation. I think we may go check out some beaches tomorrow. Will take more pics then, and try and get them posted on here.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dad! So it looks like u have had lots of fun in FL..The hat that Dawna has on looks so familiar! haha! I can't believe Gabby is gonna be on Jeopardy..thats crazy..I am happy for her and hope she does well!! Tell everyone I said hi! The weather looks great from the pics!! Talk to u when u get back!
Brian